Why does the Municipal Court want me to update my personal information?

The Artesia Municipal Court strives to keep the information in the court management system as accurate as possible. The purpose of updating information is to be able to have current contact information, as well as avoid possible complications from incorrect identifying information.

The Real ID Act has caused some frustration for us since many individuals are required to comply with legal name changes therefore making some of our data inaccurate. 

Occasionally we come across persons who are in our system two or more times, with different ways their name is spelled (Chavez vs.Chaves, De La Rosa vs. Delarosa), license numbers, dates of birth, or social security numbers. This can come from transposed numbers for identifying information on citations, misinformation from other sources, or simple human error. When this happens, it can cause defendants to have issues with their driver’s license, make it difficult to pay a fine, or even appear on a case.

This court has made it our policy to make every attempt to prevent misinformation being sent to other agencies, to avoid causing negative complications for the defendant.

Show All Answers

1. What time can I appear to see the judge?
2. What is an Arraignment?
3. What can you plead at arraignment?
4. How long does a court session usually last?
5. What will happen if I do not appear for my citations, or do not pay the fines?
6. How do I find out why my license is suspended?
7. How many points do I have on my driver's record?
8. If I have a bench warrant and go to Court, will I be arrested?
9. How do I find out the status of the bond money I posted?
10. Can I complete community service at places other than where the municipal court has designated?
11. How can I reschedule my court date?
12. How can I find out when my hearing date is set?
13. Someone I know was arrested and is in jail. When will he / she go to court?
14. Why can't I speak to the judge on the phone about my case?
15. Why does the Municipal Court want me to update my personal information?