Applications for employment with Artesia are taken by online application.
If you do not have access to a computer you can apply online at the Department of Work Force Development 704 W Main, The Artesia Public Library 306 W Richardson or Artesia City Hall 511 W Texas Avenue
- All applicants are required to complete a online application
- Resumes are accepted only as additional information
- All Applicants are screened according to required and preferred qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applications received after the posting deadline will not be considered
- An application must be submitted for each job an applicant is interested in
- Unsolicited (applications submitted for positions that are not posted) will not be accepted
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not continue in the application process
- All qualified applications are made accessible to the appropriate Supervisor or Department Head for review.
- Testing may be utilized where appropriate
- Supervisors or Department Heads are responsible for selecting applicants for interview.
- Once interviews are completed the interview board will make a recommendation to the Mayor for his/her approval.
- If the interview board determines that any of the applicants are suitable for the position:
- Additional qualified applicants may be interviewed
- The board may recommend that the position be re-posted
- The Hiring for an open position may be placed on the agenda for City Council approval after completion of the following:
- All interviews have been completed
- All references and background checks are completed
- The Mayor has reviewed and approved the selection